The consultant position as Petrophysicist supports both operated and non-operated assets, covering activities related to regional studies, exploration, project maturation and production phase. The candidate will be joining firm’s team of petrophysicists. The Petrophysics team have strong interface with other technical disciplines and provide interpretations of rock properties and advise on reservoir physics. It is key to have strong communication skills and the ability to contextualize petrophysics in multi-disciplinary teams consisting of geologist, geophysicist, reservoir engineer and drilling. The candidate should actively seek advice and perspectives from colleagues and leaders within own section, as well as contribute to Company’s continuous improvement agenda. All work is expected to be planned and executed safely and efficiently.
Duties and responsibilities
•Interpret LWD/WL log data and integrate results from core analysis to deliver standard CPI property data.
• Topics such as shaly sands and thin-bed analysis is considered as a standard skillset. Knowledge of this is a minimum
• Rock Physics LFP interpretation (synthetic data and fluid substitution). Knowledge of this is a minimum
• Validate and interpret RCA and SCAL data with the objective to identify petrophysical parameters required for log interpretation, perform rock typing and prepare subsequent Saturation Height Model for geomodelling
• Conduct offset well study and deliver operational input to Blow Out Analysis
• Design data acquisition programs for exploration, appraisal and reservoir development. Support real time operation and decision-making
• Identify remaining reservoir opportunities that could be economically justified in an effort to maximize production and value creation.
• Contribute to the Petrophysics network with new perspectives, methods or coding initiatives.
• M.Sc or Ph.d in Subsurface discipline or mathematics/physics
• Minimum of 5 years of petrophysics experience, preferably from operating oil company
• Work related exposure to Geology, Geophysics, Reservoir Engineering as well as Drilling in order to interface other disciplines in discussions.
• Basic understanding of uncertainty
• Software skills within Techlog is preferred.
• Python coding skills is considered as an advantage.
• College / University, Master’s degree
If you want to apply for this role, please contact [email protected]