AGR was contracted to deliver a deep water well in the Eastern Mediterranean. The project was executed in late 2012-2013 using a deep water drilling rig and utilising in-country service companies and vendors.
As the region is a young Oil & Gas hub, setting up and running an oilfield supply base was challenging. The project involved setting up multiple contracts for services and equipment, mobilisation of equipment and services from outside the location, full customs processes and challenging port environments.
Additionally, the Client was a new operator in the region and it was AGR’s first experience of delivering a drilling project in this region.
The AGR Approach
Well operations were completed in 83 days which is the best-in-class well drilled when compared with offset wells in the Eastern Mediterranean and Cyprus; 8 USDM saved for the client.
The Key Enablers
- Detailed project planning and execution using our experienced international logistics team
- Thorough understanding of customs import and export procedures and processes
- Set-up of in-country AGR business entity for tax purposes
- Utilised in-country vendors where possible to meet logistics requirements.
- Contract negotiation and set-up of yard and quay facility in country to support drilling operations
- Helicopter contract setup with full aviation audit