Lundin Energy Norway drilled the 16/1-31 S exploration well, and utilised iQx™ reporting application, D2, to generate the detailed End of Well Report (EOWR).
This event marked the delivery of the first fully automated EOWR on the Lundin Energy Norway operated Edvard Grieg area. The Operator has now announced plans to roll out D2 across its well delivery process, on all wells going forward, as their new standard.
Location: Edvard Grieg, Norwegian North Sea
Lundin Energy Norway faced challenges with their existing methods for writing End of Well Reports which required high amounts of time, manual input with no degree of collaboration and limited utilisation of available data for future projects.
WHAT VALUE DID iQx™ BRING TO THE CLIENT?
- Room for human error reduced by automation
- Significant reduction in time required for compiling, managing and delivering EOWR
- Greatly improved the possibility of knowledge transfer
- Facilitated collaboration between external and internal project disciplines
- Improved the quality of data presented in EOWR
- Easy to capitalise on the historic qualitative data when planning for future projects.
KEY ENABLERS DELIVERED BY iQx™
- Automated and instantaneous generatio of EOWRs
- A single centralised library, which facilitates the flow of project-specific data across disciplines
- Standardised, up-to-date content throughout the project delivery process
- More qualitative reports facilitating continuous improvement in processes
- Knowledge transfer for future operations
- Enhanced collaboration
- Direct integrations with existing source-data generating systems.