Staff Drilling Engineer
Location: Perth, Australia
Apply by: 08.12.2023
We are a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy and software provider to the Oil & Gas and CCUS industries. Services provided by AGR include well management and engineering, reservoir management and asset evaluation, and operations geology.
AGR is looking for a Perth-based Staff Drilling Engineer with 5-10 years’ experience to work closely with the Senior Drilling Engineer in the preparation, execution and reporting of assigned drilling projects in line with AGR’s Well Delivery Process and Standards. The Drilling Engineer may also be required to undertake offshore assignment on AGR operated rigs to provide the AGR Drilling Supervisor with detailed engineering input during operations.
The successful candidate will initially be assigned to a drilling project which may require international assignment for a short period of time (1-2 hitches) during 2024.
- Offset well reviews and preparation of supporting documentation.
- Well design including casing design, kick tolerance calculations, well trajectory planning, fluid and cementing design.
- Well time and cost estimates.
- Preparation of technical scopes of work for invitation to tenders and analysis of returned bids for the selection of third-party services and equipment.
- Management of third-party contractors for input into well designs, programmes and preparation for operations.
- Input into preparation of the Detailed Drilling Guidelines including carrying out detailed well engineering, development of well barrier verifications and well acceptance criteria.
- Preparation for and participation in risk assessment, DWOP and emergency response exercise processes.
- When offshore, provide detailed engineering input and carry out engineering calculations for the operation, manage after action review processes and prepare daily operation reports.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering degree from a recognised university
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with an Operator or Well Management Company as a Drilling Engineer is desired. However, candidates with suitable alternative experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience working on offshore drilling projects. Floating MODU experience is desirable.
- Prior experience with well design software (e.g., Stresscheck, WellPlan, Compass) is advantageous.
- IWCF Supervisor Level Drilling Well Control and HUET certification is desirable.
- Makes technical decisions based on Company Standards, industry best practice and sound engineering judgement.
- Exhibits resourcefulness when carrying out technical tasks.
- Works collaboratively with project team members, whilst also able to work independently on assigned tasks.
More information and applications
For more information, please reach out to Sarah Moore, phone +61 8 9360 4003