Sr. Reservoir Engineer
Apply by: 27.06.2022
The Sr. Reservoir engineer is a key position in the Subsurface Studies group and reports to the Manager Subsurface Studies. The Sr. Reservoir engineer will hold a key position managing data from operated and non-operated Assets in clients portefolio. The mission is to maximize economic recovery factor of the field(s). The position requires the individual to liaise with involved stakeholders from each discipline to gather and report information on their defined activities and liase towards main office in Madrid.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The individual should have a Master in reservoir engineering. Important to have good written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to collaborate seamlessly with other teams and towards central functions.
“To maximize economic recovery factor of the Fields”
- Monitoring reservoir performance, anticipating deviations against forecasted trends in production plans and proposing early corrective actions for the optimization of exploitation plan.
- Identifying opportunities to economically improve field recovery factors (e.g.: new wells, EOR, etc.) Define and carry out actions aimed at improving the well’s productivity and injectivity.
- Performing studies to screen different development scenarios and identify the optimal plan to maximize return on investment.
- Ensuring correct reserves reporting and movements. Collaborate on calculating reserves and prepare supporting information for closing Reserves for the annual economic valuation of the project/asset.
- Evaluate opportunities and consider development scenarios to support exploration and new business processes, in order to propose the strategy for the reservoir development plan, calculating the Minimum Economic Field Size and production and investment profiles.
- Carry out uncertainty analysis and its possible implications on model results and their predictions in order to evaluate the risk and its economic impact.
- Compile and transfer lessons learned, best practices and industry standards, by means of the knowledge management methodologies available.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with the recommended technical and Safety and Environmental practices.
- Contribute to ensure compliance with both regulations and company procedures, and handle non-conformities as required
- Identify risks to people and the environment and mitigate them so they are as low as reasonably practicable.
- Proactively identify ways to continuously improve S&E performance.
- Stop any job that may harm people or the environment; and
- Transfer experiences, good and bad, which could lead to continuous improvement of S&E performance
Common Processes and Support
- Be updated on regulations, standards, practices and global norms
- Set technical requirements and performance standards for clients preparations in the reserves process
- Evaluate and recommend on non-conformances if relevant
- Liase with DCR for internal and external audits
- Follow-up authority communication (RNB and other)
- Give advice to asset operations and minor projects
- Propose and participate in risk reviews and analysis
- Analyze and submit for approval initiatives to improve reserves/resources in the Reserves Control System (QRC/QRE). Analyze and submit for approval reserves/resources movement proposals in the Reserves Control System(QRC/QRE). Prepare and lead internal and external reserves audits
- Coordinate and support non op activitites on request from non-op Assets. Attend technical meetings and coordinate proposals to operator in cooperation with with TEP. Coordinate quality assurance according to clients standards.
- Participation in external foras to represent client and/or individual development targets
Technical Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- MSc Degree in Reservoir Engineering or related and minimum 10+ years of experience from the Petroleum industry
- Knowledge of E&P business processes from NCS
- Familiar with Petrel, Petex, Sapphire, Office 365 package and other tools supporting new ways of working in RNAS
- Communication: Must be able to proactively get their key message across to the organization and to other stakeholders and be clear in language (English and knowledge of Norwegian) written and verbally.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to deal effectively with a range of persons, teams, and organizations both internally and externally. Needs to be able to learn new systems and be organized and structured in the approach. Proactive and collaborative towards other functions and stakeholders.
- Critical and innovative thinking: Have knowledge of the upstream industry and be able to use their skills in the context of developing products to higher technical excellence and be able to analyses data and information and to present conclusions/observations clearly.
If you want to apply for this role, please contact: [email protected]