Expectations are to deliver standard, consistent, and robust cost management frameworks and procedures to projects. Accountabilities can be summarised as follows:
– Deliver consistent but appropriate cost management structures for major, complex projects.
– Roll-out of the standard tools and processes, as appropriate for each project’s life cycle development & execution phase.
– Develop and Implement Project Cost and Schedule Management Plan.
– Implementation of cost breakdown structures (CBS) and their population from the estimate.
– Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and document Cost Time and Resource (CTR) sheets for phased cost estimates in line with the Company guidance notes for agreement and sign-off by the CTR budget holders.
– Provide project guidance for creation of accurate monthly cost reports, identifying variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorities For Expenditure (AFEs).
– Develop and implement the change management process for projects. Provide guidance on trend analysis and the assessment of change impacts on cost.
– Develop and implement Earned Value Management process consistently across projects/sub projects.
– Participate in peer reviews and other assurance events.
– Contribute to the development of junior staff through coaching and training in cost engineering practices, tools and techniques.
– Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project teams.
– Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes.
– Drive and raise awareness of the importance of developing the cost management structure in early project phases.
– Master’s degree in engineering, economics, management or equivalent
– 10 years+ of experience from operator companies, technical understanding and broad exposure to full life cycle projects in the industry is an advantage
– In-depth knowledge of project cost control within the oil & sector: methodologies, systems, tools
– Skilled user of SAP and Microsoft Office applications.
– Knowledge of the following tools is beneficial: Primavera, Easyrisk, Assai and PIMS
– Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to “go extra mile”
– Self-starter with a strong delivery focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
– Open minded and positive team player with ability to influence, share knowledge and interface with a wide range of teams / disciplines / strategic partners
– Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
– Able to “speak data” and utilize digital technology and translate it into more efficient work processes and higher productivity
– Able to identify improvement areas and willing to take the lead when challenges occur. Continuously seeks ways to do things better, faster, more efficiently
If you want to apply for this role, please contact [email protected]