Apply by: 29.06.2022
Purpose of position:
The Category Specialist is an important role within the Procurement team in ensuring that value is delivered to client. The role works closely with internal stakeholders and external third parties and continuously seeks to improve value delivery through a framework of Category Management. The role support clients Procurement’s vision to “Create more value through smart and sustainable supplier collaboration”.
- Degree educated or appropriate relevant in work experience.
- MBA or Bachelor’s with a degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, or Legal preferred.
- Engagement at all level demonstrating the ability to influence stakeholders and manage conflicting views. Effective networking and business partnering skills.
- Self-directed, pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results oriented.
- Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line.
- Confidence and credibility with good communication and relationship management skills.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Team player with an ability to manage complex relationships and matrix teams.
- Analytical skills with the ability to identify and expeditiously exploit commercial opportunities.
- Ability to meet deadlines/deliver on promises.
- Relevant experience in procurement/category roles.
- A proven record of significant cost reductions in goods and services.
Competence and certifications, regulatory requirements:
- Thorough understanding of Category Management principles.
- Good understanding of assigned categories.
- Knowledge of end-to-end Category Management including identifying business needs, market insight, building category/contract strategy, manage sourcing processes, negotiation, on-going supplier management and governance relating to assigned categories.
- Competent in use of Company business tools, MS Teams, and other relevant tools.
- Ability to lead/champion Supplier Relationship and Performance Management.
- Ability to ensure business compliance with Procurement.
- Demonstrable experience of leading contract negotiations.
- Understanding of the commercial aims and objectives of client
- Good understanding of general and contract law, and applications of clients’ Contract models in development, execution, and dispute resolution.
- Understanding of risks associated with category sourcing in assigned category, and proven ability to forecast and mitigate such risks.
- Proven competent stakeholder management, both internal and externally.
- Focus on ESG in relation to Suppliers
If you want to apply for this role, please contact: [email protected]